Infectious Disease Pre-Cautions & Response Policy
- Reduce transmission among employees & students
- Protecting those at a higher risk for adverse health complications
- Maintain school operations
- Minimize adverse effects on others
- Disease Severity – we will monitor each of our school communities (i.e. number of people who are sick, hospitalization, & death rates)
- Preparation – we are trying to increase our support staff to include more substitutes. We welcome any referrals or recommendations from students, alumni, & educators.
- Distance Learning – we are preparing to continue essential school operations via distance learning as necessary. We are preparing paperwork for approval to operate programs including distance education on a permanent basis. We will not be providing any updates until the process is concluded.
- Cross-training – we are cross-training personnel to perform essential functions so the school can continue to operate in cases of absenteeism. We are trying to ensure that all educators are aware of curricula calendars & students’ statuses. We are also trying to ensure that other services related to admissions & financial aid are covered. We want to minimize interruption to the student experience
- Empowering employees with authority to take appropriate actions based upon conditions at each campus
- Coordination with state & local public health officials – to be up-to-date with local timely & accurate information to guide appropriate actions
city, State, & Federal Mandates
- We continue to follow city, state, & federal mandates
City of Chicago Travel Policy
For more information see https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
- Individuals traveling to a designated state are obligated to self-quarantine for 14-days
Encouraging Sick employees & Students to Stay Home
- Employees & students who are sick & have respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, & shortness of breath) should remain home for at least 3 days with no fever & symptoms AND 10 days since symptoms first appeared
- We will not require a health care provider’s note because these provider offices & facilities may be too busy to provide timely documentation.
Separate Sick Students
- If an employee or student appears to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (fever, cough, & shortness of breath) upon arrival or during the day, we will separate you & send you home.
Practice respiratory Etiquette, frequently wash hands
- We will continue to provide awareness lectures & messages
- We will continue to post awareness posters
- We will continue to provide hygiene supplies
- We will continue to enforce school policies of sanitation & sterilization
Routine Environmental Cleaning
- We will continue to provide frequent, professional cleaning
- We will enforce student & employee participation in cleaning frequently touched surfaces & use cleaning agents according to the instructions
- Employees & students who are well & have a sick family member at home with Covid-19 should notify the admissions office immediately & refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure
- Confidentiality is required, yet we will inform employees & students of a possible exposure
3-IQ Infectious Disease Outbreak response Plan
We have implemented our 3-IQ Infectious Outbreak Response Plan
- Immediate – We want to be immediate to minimize outbreaks
- Identify – We want to identify only those who may have been exposed by contact or consistently within a few feet of an infected person
- Isolate – We want to isolate an infected person & those who may have been exposed
Leave of absence
If you feel that you need to be absent from school, due to Covid, for any period of time exceeding 14-days consecutive calendar days, please request a Leave of Absence from
- University of Aesthetics & Cosmetology in Wicker Park students, please write firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Aesthetics & Cosmetology in Downers Grove students, please write email@example.com
- Professional Cosmetology Education Center students, please write firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to substantiate your need in writing & additional documentation depending upon the circumstances.
This policy will be posted in the Official School Catalog, Facebook, read to each class on the morning of 07 July 2020, & placed on a bulletin board at each school.